United Way of Northwest Illinois Office Manager
Job Type: Full-time non-exempt
Salary: $24,000.00 - $30,000.00 per year based on experience
Vacation, sick-time, personal days, and paid holidays included.
Send Resume and Letter of Interest to director at uwni.org
The Office Manager supports and advances United Way of Northwest Illinois’ mission of improving lives by providing professional administrative support to the Executive Director in order to meet organizational goals in the priority areas of education, income and health.
The Office Manager works under minimal supervision and delivers a full range of administrative services with a superior customer service approach. This position makes independent decisions about, planning, organizing and scheduling of their own work. Utilizing sound discretion and judgment is required to resolve problems and make recommendations for solutions and actions. This position may also attend meetings on behalf of the Executive Director to observe and report on the meeting’s actions and discussions. Assignments can be non-routine and of a complex nature.
This position requires a candidate that has solid office and non-profit experience who can manage a busy schedule and has the innate ability to anticipate the needs of the organization in an appropriate and professional manner.
General Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Represent United Way in the community and present a professional image.
- Provides confidential and professional administrative support to the Executive Director in a manner that enhances their effectiveness and efficiency within their role.
- Coordinates general administrative duties including calendars, meeting coordination, travel arrangements, incoming and outgoing calls, correspondence and other communications in a manner that respects the confidentiality of the communication.
- Maintains an appropriate and clear line of communication with the Executive Director to discuss upcoming presentations, meetings, projects, mail, invitations, and other time-sensitive topics.
- Anticipates and identifies any issues, conflicts and situations and proactively resolves them in a timely manner.
- Communicates in a timely and appropriate manner with volunteers and other leaders at United Way.
- Responsible for maintaining an efficient file management system and conduct research for background material, data, etc. for reports, speeches, presentations and correspondence.
- Assists the Executive Director in preparations for meetings.
- All general office duties including, maintain office supplies and calling for machine service
- Aligns behavior and work with UWNI’s Code of Ethics and Organizational Values.
Specialized responsibilities Finances, Campaign, Marketing and Special Events:
- Develop and maintain campaign records through the use of computer software programs. This includes revenue postings, billings, keeping up- to-date mailing lists for all campaigns, monitor and follow up on pledges, provide campaign reports as requested and maintain all other information relative to achieving the campaign goal.
- Attend campaign kick-off, recognition events, conduct campaign presentations as needed, and all others campaign duties as assigned.
- Manage and enhance United Ways brand/reputation in the public eye.
- Ensure brand communication for areas of responsibility are consistent with UW brand positioning.
- Provide design and direction for website, social media, printed materials, and other visual communications.
- Create promotional displays, marketing brochures and other materials consistent with UW brand guidelines.
- Coordinate details of special events including, working with vendors, monitor event timelines, design promotional materials and marketing plan, manage invitation lists and RSVP lists, coordinate event logistics and facilitate planning meetings.
This position is directed by the Executive Director to perform additional duties or tasks to support the United Way’s mission.
- Communication skills – Oral: Ability to send tactful and appropriate verbal messages and listen to others’ response in order to convey information.
- Communication – Written: Ability to write concise, clear letters, reports, articles, or emails including proofing and editing work.
- Accurate: Ability to produce error-free work and consistently meet quality objectives.
- Adaptability: Able to adapt to changing workplace conditions.
- Customer Oriented: Ability to serve clients by focusing effort on meeting their needs, concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Relationship Building: Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and relationships.
- Initiative: Ability to act and take steps to solve or settle and issue.
- Public Speaking- Ability to create and present professional presentations.
- Organized: Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills.
- Time management: Ability to effectively use available time for the completion of necessary tasks.
- Project Management: Ability to view a project or another body of work comprehensively and then break it down through the ability to plan, organize, direct and control tasks to meet specific goals.
- Decision Making: Ability to evaluate information and select an effective suitable course of action using sound judgment and ability to anticipate next steps.
- Autonomy: Self-directed in completing work with minimal oversight.
- Problem solving: Ability to recognize courses of action that can be taken to handle problems or potential problems and apply contingency plans to solve those problems.
- Computer Skills: Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, and PowerPoint. Additionally, Photoshop and other design software.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Previous Non-profit experience preferred
- A preferred minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative support role or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with office equipment including software applications that produce marketing materials and data entry including creating reports
- Demonstrated public speaking experience
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Basic Accounting knowledge required
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time.
- This position requires occasional standing and lifting of items up to 25 pounds.
- Travel required
- This position requires flexibility in scheduling. Some Saturdays and before/after normal business hours are required.
- Send resume and letter of interest to director at uwni.org
United Way of Northwest Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, and encourages applications from veterans, minorities, people with disabilities and other diverse groups.