Part Time, Grant Funded Community Outreach Facilitator
This is a grant funded, in person, part-time 15 hours a week, temporary position starting immediately through December 2023. Pay is up to $15.00/hr based on experience.
Apply today by emailing your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Function: Is to facilitate the establishment of new Early Childhood Collaborations in the counties of Jo Daviess and Carroll in partnership with the Early Childhood Consortium in Stephenson County by convening a group of like-minded community members who will meet to identify challenges and potential solutions to improve the services and programs available to families with young children in their area.
Additional primary function, is to build mutually supportive relationships with local collaborations, parent groups, and other stakeholders in the region (i.e., schools, business, faith communities, social service agencies, medical providers, etc.) to ensure the community systems are responsive to the needs of all children and families.
The ideal candidate will be a steward of the United Way brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation of United Way. S/he is responsible for building trust in United Way and its relevance in the community. S/he values network and strives to leverage United Way’s breadth of community presence, relationships, and strategy.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with convening local early childhood collaborators, early childhood care providers, community key stakeholders and the larger community to form a collaborative around early childhood.
The ideal candidate will understand principles of community organizing, and developing partnership, will be an active listener and is someone committed to racial, economic and geographic equity with the skills to effectively engage a broad spectrum of community members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and participate in community meetings/ events related to young families and children
- Cultivate community support for local Early Childhood and Early Care systems coordination
- Complete and submit required reports in a timely manner
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Travel as needed throughout Stephenson, Jo Daviess and Carroll Counties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work professionally and diplomatically with diverse populations, the ability to recognize and tap each individual’s unique talents, active listening skills, and leadership development.
2. Excellent group process skills including an understanding of group dynamics, effective meeting facilitation, consensus building, and disagreement resolution.
3. Ability to take initiative within the parameters of the strategic objectives of UWNWIL and their partner agencies.
4. Strong attention to detail, ability to organize complex tasks and meet multiple deadlines
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Word products, database management experience strongly preferred.
6. Organizational and time-management skills
7. Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
8. Ability to work with a diverse group of community members
9. Ability to lead a team of individuals in a manner that fosters mutual respect, culture of creativity, critical thinking, accountability, and collaboration.
10. Demonstrate excellent communication skills including public speaking and in written materials.
11. Use phone systems, computers, Microsoft Office, email, and video conferencing proficiently.
Regular regional travel will be a requirement of this position. Valid driver’s license, insurance and a reliable automobile required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to speak, hear, see and use depth perception. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, and feel. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to normal office work environment conditions. Internally controlled working environment with little or no hazardous conditions (including but not limited to: fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat/cold/humid conditions, risk of electrical shock, vibrations, and/or airborne particles) in normal work location. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 5 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday (some weekend and evening required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Day Shift
- Evenings and Weekends Events when necessary
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Required)
Work Location: In person