United Way of Northwest Illinois Office Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time non-exempt
Salary: $29,120.00 - $31,000.00 per year based on experience
Vacation, sick-time, personal days, and paid holidays included.
Send Resume and Letter of Interest to director at uwni.org
The Office Coordinator supports and advances United Way of Northwest Illinois’ mission of improving lives by providing professional administrative support to the Executive Director in order to meet organizational goals in the priority areas of education, income and health.
The Office Coordinator works under minimal supervision and delivers a full range of administrative services with a superior customer service approach. This position makes independent decisions about, planning, organizing and scheduling of their own work. Utilizing sound discretion and judgment is required to resolve problems and make recommendations for solutions and actions. This position may also attend meetings on behalf of the Executive Director to observe and report on the meeting’s actions and discussions. Assignments can be non-routine and of a complex nature.
This position requires a candidate that has solid office and non-profit experience who can manage a busy schedule and has the innate ability to anticipate the needs of the organization in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Previous Non-profit experience preferred
- A preferred minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative support role or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with office equipment including software applications that produce marketing materials and data entry including creating reports
- Demonstrated public speaking experience
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Basic Bookkeeping knowledge preferred
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time.
- This position requires occasional standing and lifting of items up to 25 pounds.
- Travel required
- This position requires flexibility in scheduling. Some Saturdays and before/after normal business hours are required.
- Send resume and letter of interest to director at uwni.org
United Way of Northwest Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, and encourages applications from veterans, minorities, people with disabilities and other diverse groups.